We are happy to announce that we are ready to reopen our clinic on June 8th, 2020. We have missed you and are excited to address your dental needs!
We have spent the past few months updating and establishing new protocols to keep our staff and patients safe in light of COVID-19. In following the guidance of BC Public Health and the College of Dental Surgeons, we have added additional cleaning protocols, plexiglass barriers, aerosol reducing equipment and enhanced PPE.
Infection control has always been of the utmost importance to us and your health and safety is our top priority. In addition to our thorough cleaning and sterilization standards, we have added some new protocols that you should be aware of. You can expect the following changes:
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car. Call our office to check and kindly wait while we prepare your room. We are ensuring that social distancing can be maintained by limiting the number of people in the office. Please use the bathroom at home prior to arrival.
- In following social distancing guidelines, we are not allowing walk-ins at this time. Only patients with appointments will be allowed to enter the office. Minors may have 1 guardian present.
- Please wear a cloth or disposable mask prior to entering the office. If you do not have one, a disposable mask will be provided by us.
- You will be asked to wash your hands upon entering and exiting the office. Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- Our staff will provide a screening questionnaire to assess for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Staff and patients will have their temperature taken prior to treatment. Patients with a tempera ture over 38C or other signs of illness will be asked to reschedule.
- We will provide you with a hydrogen peroxide rinse prior to treatment. This helps prevent viral aerosols during treatment.
- To minimize handling of cash, please consider using touchless payment methods.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or any close contacts have been sick in the past 2 weeks.
Finally, please allow more time for our new protocols. We will be unable to see the same number of people in a day due to staggering patients to meet the new guidelines. We need more time to properly disinfect your room and ensure the proper protocols are followed. Please be patient and flexible.
We are in this together and will be working hard to get back on track with your dental needs in the safest possible manner.